Thursday, January 17, 2013

A simple truth

I've been thinking.

(Which leads me to say, "A dangerous prospect."  I know.)

Last night I was in something of a depression.  I had again the realization that I am not the best at anything, I am not the top in any of my fields.  In the past the way I have dealt with this is to remind myself that no one has my particular mix of talents, but this wasn't helping last night because I went on to thinking that there are a lot of people out there who are better than me at a lot of things and if I can't be great at something what does it matter if I am mediocre at a lot of things??

Like I said, I was in something of a depression.

But I stumbled across a truth that I have neglected to remember for quite some time: it doesn't matter.  Recognition of people, no matter how good it feels, is not important.

What is important is how God sees me.  His opinion is the only one that matters.  And if I can remember that it makes my life so much more simple.

Sure, I want that recognition from people, I want people to tell me I'm doing a good job at (insert word here).  But I am reminded that it isn't important.

I'm not the best at (insert word here) - but so what?  Does God care?  No.  God wants me to Love.  He wants me to love Him and to love other people.

And here's the kicker: the Creator of the universe Loves ME.

And that's what needs to color my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment