Monday, March 4, 2013

Sick

My son has been sick since Friday and, of course, shared with me.  We haven't been sleeping much.  I am worn out.  And tired.  And wish I didn't have a head full of snot.  So here's to looking at the good things that I have experienced since Friday morning after a night of about 3 hours of sleep and 4 hours of dozing/waking up constantly to comfort my baby.

1. Friday morning my mom came over to watch J briefly while my dad took me to get some baby medication.  He bought me coffee.  It made me feel human.

2. Sat evening Stacey bought us Chinese food and COKE.  I got Coke!

3. The we got to pick up my sister from the airport as she has been in Florida for a week filming a tv show (read about her adventures here: http://silencestressed.wordpress.com/).

4. Sunday morning we woke up having had more sleep than the last 2 nights put together and cuddled in bed as a family till the ridiculously late hour of 8:30 (if you have toddlers you might understand that I'm not being sarcastic when I say this was very late for us).

5. Day old cinnamon crunch bagels for breakfast (thank you, Nikki!).

6. Sesame Street on Netflix.

7. The opportunity to go to Walmart Sunday evening which gave me a short break from my beloved son, netted me another Coke and ran us into my other sister who was there for vehicle checkup.  Which meant we stood and talked for 30 minutes while playing with squishy balls in the kids section.

8. Robin eggs (the candy, not the baby bird kind) from my mom.

9. My husband is being very supportive and understanding and helpful and generally awesome.

10. II Corinthians.  I'm not keeping up my reading schedule as well as I would like, but it is so worth it when I do read what I am supposed to.

This too shall pass. Now I need to go find the Kleenex...

1 comment: