Thursday, March 1, 2012

Quiet Book

My friend, Tabitha, and I are going to be each others accountability in a new project: quiet books.  They look like such fun, but I'm already starting to get an idea that they will be time consuming in the extreme.  That's OK though, we're going to try getting together on Thursday mornings and work on them - I know that I will at least get some work done on those Thursdays, and I'll be spending time with a good friend and her son!  This project excites and frightens me, and I'm looking forward to it.  If you don't know what a quiet book is you can get a pretty good idea by googling it.

J is "talking" a lot now; he will sit on the floor and play while I'm at the computer and he just talks away, either at me or at his toys I'm not sure.  It is so sweet.

He will sit, left leg tucked in, right leg sticking straight out, for long periods of time now.  Just have to keep half an eye on him as he will occasionally crash one way or the other.

He is learning to drink from a cup!  He's been watching his Daddy and me and wanting to try so we've been giving him sips of water here and there.  He seems to really enjoy it!  The sippy cup hasn't worked very well because he does not understand that you are supposed to suck rather than chew on the mouth piece, so we are simply trying without it for now.

I ought to start loading the car now.  It is amazing how much stuff you need to carry for you and a baby when you are planning to spend the day somewhere!


No comments:

Post a Comment