Things I never thought about doing/knew I could do while holding a baby:
- Make a pot of coffee
- Run a load of laundry/dishes (I can’t wash dishes one-handed yet, but I’m sure that’s coming)
- Cook (this gets awkward and I usually try to get someone to be my other hand but it is possible on some things!)
- Perform in a crowd of thousands of people (alongside my husband who was dressed as a tree)
- Carry an armload of books (here’s a hint: if you’re going to a book sale take a stroller)
- Use the restroom (yes he was in a sling at the time and no I do not plan to try this again but I now know it’s possible!)
I’m sure other things will come up. I am constantly amazed at the things my son is teaching me. Soon I’ll be learning how much mess a child can make in one sitting!
I want to be learning everyday! Someone once said that when you stop learning you’re dead – and I’m not gonna plan on being dead till it happens! Today God reminds me that His mercies are new every morning. The old has passed away; behold the new has come. I want to learn from each day as it comes, then let it pass away behind me as I move forward. The mistakes, the wrong attitudes, the failures of yesterday are no more – they are washed away by His grace and He has given me a bright new day to try again!
What else might I learn today if I look for it?