Monday, November 28, 2011

Is it possible?

Mondays.

Lots of people hate Mondays.  Until recently I was one of them.  But I'm starting to feel my perspective change.  Granted, I still strongly dislike my hubby going back to work after having him home for two days, but I am realizing that Mondays do not have to be blue.  Ever since I became a (mostly) stay-at-home mom three and a half months ago we have been trying to figure out a schedule.  I am told babies like schedules.  I am bad at schedules.  I am a freelance interpreter for a reason; things like my schedule always change and that keeps me interested and on my toes.  Doing the exact same thing everyday makes me NUTS.  So I have a hard time with the "babies do better on a schedule" idea.  We are working on the idea of naps, but that is about as much schedule as I can handle right now.  Except for Mondays.  Mondays have become almost sacred in the "stay home and chill" department.  We don't tend to go out on Mondays, we don't like to run errands or even be dressed by a certain time.  We chill at home.  We do laundry (ugh!) or dishes, or other necessary things here (like update a blog!).  And we chill.  We relax.  We just hang out.  I need this time to be a better Mommy.  J needs this time to recover from the weirdness of the weekend and have time with just me.

Yup.  I'm starting to like Mondays.
And I think J agrees :)

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the new picture of J. He is so cute. And I agree with you. I think Mondays are my favorite day of the week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw. My little baby is growing up and fighting for china! And grinning. I always liked mondays....

    ReplyDelete