Monday, November 5, 2012

Family, food, fun, trauma

This past weekend was filled with family, friends, food and my son face planting on the concrete outside our front door.

Let's start with Friday: J spent his first night away from Mom and Dad with his Aunt Abby.  Apparently it went exceedingly well because she offered to have him over on a regular basis.  I could get used to a night alone with my hubby once in a while...

So The Man and I went out and stayed up late and slept in till 8:30 on Saturday morning (yes, with a toddler this is sleeping in for us).  I was just waking up when my dad called.  Hubby and I got dressed and met him for breakfast in a little diner where we were the youngest people in the room.  Then it was over to my dad's house so Hubby could help him with the car and I went clothes shopping with my mom and sister.  Hubby and I did grocery shopping and headed over to Aunt Abby's for lunch and to meet back up with My Boy.  

All this and it was only 1pm.

Home again, home again - Hubby worked on organizing the garage while the boy napped and I puttered around.  The garage looks FABULOUS.  I am so proud of all the work My Man did in there!  

We were supposed to go see a show that night but I had such a terrible headache my dad convinced me it would be a bad idea and fed me chips and cheese and a margarita instead.  It actually helped a lot and I was able to go to bed Sat night without my brain pounding out my ears.

Sunday morning we had our usual couple of people for breakfast and just as we were about to leave My Son pushed up against the screen door as is his wont.  Except this time it hadn't gotten latched and he pushed straight through and went down a step face first onto the concrete.  We were late to church.  He looks like he got into a fight but he is alright and probably won't scar from the episode.  I was very concerned at first because he scraped up around his eye but the eye itself was fine which was a relief.  

So then after all that my family (mom, dad, 3 sisters, 1 brother-in-law, 2 nieces and 1 friend) joined us in our little house for lunch.  It was wonderful and loud and I loved it and I loved when they all went home and we sat in the quiet and watched Doctor Who while J slept.  Then we got to see more people for supper and friends joined us after for games and my sister stayed late and talked and I went to bed happy and exhausted.

I love my family.  
I love my church. 
I love my friends. 
I love food.  
I love how our bodies are designed to heal after trauma.

No comments:

Post a Comment