Monday, August 27, 2012

Changes

We are in a time of transitions.

The beginning of weaning is going on.  For the last 3 days J has nursed only in the morning and evening.  Let's see if this holds.

We are trying to see if J is ready to combine his morning and afternoon naps.  Saturday was a very long day for him and he ended up sleeping late on Sunday morning, which meant he didn't get a nap before church.  Well, he made it through church and most of lunch before needing to be put down and then slept for 3 hours (a complete combination of both naps!).  This morning he didn't sleep quite as late, but enough for me to decide to give the single nap another try.  We had mixed results.  J and I went over to visit my sister and her girls in the morning, which did mean I got to keep J up till after his morning nap would have ended.  He went down (fussier than usual due to tiredness and the fact that I didn't nurse him I think) and slept well - for an hour and 1/2.  Which meant I ended up putting him down again just a little bit ago.  How late he sleeps in tomorrow will help me decide whether to keep trying for a single nap or go back to 2.

Festival is about to start.  Which means the hubby and I will be busy every weekend for the next month and 1/2.  Which means J gets to spend Saturdays with Aunt Abbs and Sundays with Nana and Papa.  Which means I won't get to see my little boy hardly at all on the weekends.  I'm dreading it already :(

J is so close to walking on his own.  I will cry when he steps out hands free for the first time.  I will cry even more if it's on a weekend when I'm not there to see it.

I love this child.

No comments:

Post a Comment